Thursday, October 10, 2013

Herbs and Samhain Sirens

Good Morning! It is so beautiful out right now! Pure blue open sky, crisp and cool breeze, and here I am stuck inside of my office. *SIGH*. But in my downtime from working, I checked out the wonderful Samhain Sirens blog and they have some new and awesome information yet again! And today's is right up my alley...


Herbs!

I adore herbs. I adore cooking with them, and I adore healing with them. Just this year I tried my hand at growing them too! BUT I put them outside when it was too cool and killed off my lavender, my rosemary (it was just starting to sprout up!), my parlsey, garlic, and cilantro. Most of the herbs were going to be for kitchen witchery, but a few I wanted to use for more medicinal purposes. The only one to survive (and still growing now!) was my basil. I love basil. It is such a lovely herb. I had one that flowered and I didn't pinch it off because it was just toooooooo pretty!

However, I learned of a new website called Boline Apothecary and boy does she have a wonderful lifestyle set up and a beautiful store! She makes my herb bone itch some kind of fierce and the only remedy is playing with my herbs! I can't wait to move into a place of my own one day and have a beautiful garden of herbs to pick daily! Nothing beats growing your own, using your own, and feeling better for the time spent with them! Nothing brings me closer to our wonderful earth than watching her grow! It's love I tell you! 

If you are reading any of this, give herbs a try. If you don't like working with them, send your leftovers to me! =D

Check out Samhain Sirens and see what wonderful recipes, music, information, and general witchery they are sharing! Make a friend or five and enjoy the wonderful weather! Today the Sirens are giving away a $35 gift card to Boline Apothecary! Lady Lily was so kind in providing it for the Samhain Sirens event!


To check out Boline Apothecary and her wonderful remedies, go to http://bolineapothecary.com . Her Natural Medicine starter kit is something to drool over!!! She is also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BolineApothecary

To check out Samhain Sirens blog and to enter their giveaways, visit http://samhainsirens.blogspot.com/2013/10/samhains-sirens-day-9-october-10_10.html . They are also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sirenlair

No comments:

Post a Comment